Here’s another really quick and simple meal for those busy summer time nights. This takes only a few minutes to prepare in the morning. It’s then ready to eat when you get home!
- 4-6 lean, boneless pork loin chops
- 4-5 organic carrots (chopped bite size)
- 2-3 parsnips (or other root veggie like potato or sweet potato, chopped bite size)
- 1/4 chopped white onion
- 3-5 cloves garlic, minced or whole (we like whole)
- 1/2 cup regular BBQ sauce (we use a sugar free one)
- 1/2 cup water
- Place thawed pork chops in bottom of crock pot
- Add veggies & garlic
- Pour BBQ sauce & water over all
- Cook on low for 7-9 hours.
Serve with a green salad. I sometimes do individual salads so that each person gets the veggies & dressing they like. This keeps the peace on a busy night and the kids are more likely to just eat. The kids can even build these themselves while you’re dishing up the hot stuff. Have lots of varieties of veggies to choose from. Mine is simple baby mixed greens, some tomato, feta, cuke and some tamari dressing that I had on hand.