A friend of mine lost her sister yesterday, in the blink of an eye. It made me realize yet again how precious a moment is. I talked to my mom & dad and my sisters & brother. I’m so very grateful to hear their voices and just know they are with me. I cannot imagine being without them. It makes me grateful too for friends who have become like sisters to me. I realize how much I am blessed by people in my life. It sure makes all the petty little “issues” disappear.
I find I’m noticing moments much more these days. But still…I am rushing from one thing to another. And so…I breathe…
Just for a moment:
- I kiss his soft cheek good night and see how much my baby has grown, thankful he still lets me kiss him good night
- I stand beside this beautiful soon-to-be woman who has it so much more together than I ever did when I was her age
- I worry and wait for my oldest son to find his way in the world, though knowing in my heart that all will be well because he is a good man
- I think of friends I have known and send them light and love whereever they may be
- I feel my strong husband’s arms around me as I drift off to sleep, safe and warm in his love
- I awake to a cold winter day, yet I am warm while so many others are not
- I remember waking in the wee hours like this on Christmas morning and sharing secrets with my sisters & brother so long ago
- I am excited to spend two weeks soon with my mother and sisters while another is not even able to call her sister on the phone
In the blink of an eye:
- They are embarrassed by your kisses
- They are walking down an aisle
- The friends have moved on
- They are married with Christmas mornings of their own
- She is here and the next she is gone
Create the moments. Cherish them. Capture them. Nurture them. Hold them. Love them.
* This is a tribute to a young woman, gone too soon. Be at peace Leslie. You will be missed.