Today, I am feeling whimsical. Remembering special moments and how much fun I’ve had in my life. Remembering to have fun every day.
I had a plan for today’s posts. I was feeling so organized. Then, I couldn’t find the stuff I needed. I was ticked off. I was disappointed. I was bummed. So I did yoga, had some tea and went to bed. Sometimes, you just gotta throw the plan out the window. Which is easy to do when it’s written on a paper napkin.
Just for today:
- Read Calvin & Hobbes and remember your imaginary friend (I know you had one)
- Revisit the inscriptions on your favorite books – my Nancy Drew hard covers given to me by my great grandmother at this time of year “for passing”; the year marked in the front
- Smile and remember your favorite movie. Swiss Family Robinson. We sure loved to pretend we were them out in the treehouse
- Drink a Margarita on a Wednesday afternoon. It’s 5:00 somewhere.
- Sleep naked ’cause pj’s aren’t as much fun 🙂
- Star Wars. That just never gets old. I still have my storm trooper figure I got for Christmas in 1977
- Dance around like a wild woman while you’re doing dishes. Belt out a few lyrics. Makes dishes less boring and the kids embarrassed. Who doesn’t love embarrassing their children?
- Get up in the morning and walk barefoot on the grass. Dig your toes in the dirt. Smile at the neighbors. Suddenly remember you slept naked…
- Chew bubble gum. Remember that time it got stuck in your hair?
- Sweet Tarts. Enough said.
- Eat a DQ dipped cone – the biggest you can get and as fast as you can before it melts. Don’t share with anyone.
- Wear a revealing outfit, kiss him like a hussy and “sassy-walk” away. See if he follows.
- Sip coffee on the deck, even if it’s raining again. That’s why they made umbrellas.
- Blast your favorite songs on the stereo. Leave the TV off and just rock out.
I’d love to see your whimsical list!